1. I originally was going to pay a Christian company to format and publish the book for me. They read it and sent back their required edits. They did not want any violence or kissing below the neck. I terminated my contract with them and went with self-publishing.
2. Yep, there are flesh eating beetles. Thank you to Flesh and Bones Taxidermy (http://fleshandbonestaxidermy.com/Photo-Album.php?pageType=folder&currDir=./BEETLES) for the idea and the pic.
3. In Mexico, people celebrate Dia De Los Muertos . Part of this celebration involves painting sugar skulls. Until Jerusalem has my version of the sugar skull, as does Flesh and Bones Taxidermy. Thank you to Flesh and Bones Taxidermy for the picture. Also, thank you to my older daughter who is into the Spanish/Mexican culture and gave me this idea.
4. If I could have figured out how to get a zombie in the story, I would have.
5. The Book of Revelation says, “He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.” Revelation13:16-17. In Until Jerusalem, this is what I picture the mark looking like–a computer chip inserted just under the skin that can be scanned. Michael (woman main character) has a cherry blossom tattoo around hers.
6. Michael wears a silver cylinder interface on a bracelet. Pictured above is the bracelet she wore as a child.
7. I love basketball. Basketball plays an important role in Until Jerusalem. Don’t tell my younger daughter I posted this pic. She will insist I take it off.
8. Even though Michael is a cruel, heartless hit-man for her father, she has a girlie side which involves high fashion, elegant hair, and formal occasions. Don’t tell my older daughter I posted this pic here. She will insist. . .
9. The bible says, “This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.” Revelation 13: 18. The beast in Until Jerusalem is named Viviv Iscott. In the story, the world has six leaders ranging from 6-6-1 to 6-6-6. Guess which one Iscott is?
10. The Bible says, “The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?” The dragon is in Until Jerusalem, but you will have to read the book to find out who he is, and if you read the above passage carefully, you will figure something out that is going on in the story that other people will not know. I originally had a picture of my older daughter’s cat here. When she saw it, she insisted. . .
11. The False prophet is also in Until Jerusalem. “Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.” (Revelation 13: 11-14)
Until Jerusalem is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle formats. You can find it by clicking the link or by copying and pasting the following web address: http://www.amazon.com/Until-Jerusalem-Michaels-Song-Volume/dp/1500465925/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406386288&sr=8-1&keywords=Until+Jerusalem
Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
If you haven’t yet, please “like” my Facebook page. Thank you.